How Do I Know if the Cochlear Implant is Working?. Gail S. Murray, Ph.D., CCC-A Associate Professor, CWRU Director, Audiology Services Clinical Director, Cochlear Implant Program UH Case Medical Center Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital August 5, 2009 [email protected]
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Identical Main Modules
There are two other models of BTE processors
Ask parents to provide disposable battery pack option
1. Confirm that cable(s) is plugged in correctly.
2. Hold the signal check over the transmitting coil when power is on.
3. Red light should illuminate.
4. Replace transmitting coil one at a time; apply signal check after each component change.
5. Check microphone if no transmission.
MED-EL signal check: Nucleus:
Ask for Customer Service, or for the “Audiologist on call”
All questions will be honored and answered at the end of the morning proceedings. Please write your questions on a provided note card.