Damage to aquatic plants essential to ocean food websBreaks down plastics and other polymersIncreased global warming -ice melts increase in ocean volume -ocean front property erodes -midwest becomes desert -Canada/siberia becomes breadbasketsPremature aging and brown spots.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Effects of Ozone depletion Increase eye cataracts
Suppression of the Immune system
Increase skin cancer
Increase eye burning
Decrease in crop yields i,e., corn, rice, soybean
3. Factors that effect your exposure to the sun Clouds, haze, pollution block some UV
Angle of the sun
-equator vs. N. pole
-winter vs. summer
-morning vs. noon vs. evening
Time in the sun
4. Solutions for Stratospheric Ozone Stop producing CFCs
properly recycle old CFCs
Use safe alternatives
Educate other governments for environmental policies
5. Solutions for Tropospheric Ozone Car pool
Buy cars with better gas milage
Fill tanks in the morning or at night
6. Solutions for UV Not going out when your shadow is less than the length of your body
Barriers – cap, clothing, sunglasses
Sun tan lotion, lip balm - > spf 15
No sun tanning beds
Identify skin type
7. Warning signs a mole might be malignant Change in color, shape, or size
8. Effects of solar UV radiation on cells Organisms have developed ways to repair damaged DNA from UV
UV sensitive yeast can be used to test your “I Wonder” ideas.
The “repair mechanism” has been removed from specialized yeast.