Mythic Structure. Based on Joseph Campbell’s The Hero with a Thousand Faces And Chris Vogler’s The Writer’s Journey. Storytelling and Myth. Carl Jung Strong correspondence between dreams and mythology Both come from a deeper source in the “collective unconscious” of the human race.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Based on Joseph Campbell’s
The Hero with a Thousand Faces
And Chris Vogler’s
The Writer’s Journey
7. They APPROACH THE INMOST CAVE, crossing a second threshold
8. Where they endure the ORDEAL.
9. They take possession of their REWARD and
10. Are pursued on THE ROAD BACK to the Ordinary World.
11. They cross the third threshold, experience a RESURECTION and are transformed by the experience.
12. They RETURN WITH THE ELIXIR, a boon or treasure to benefit the Ordinary World.
Clarice aspires to work for jack Crawford in the FBI’s Behavior Science Division after graduation - her Outer Problem. She worshipped her father, a town marshal, and felt abandoned when he was murdered. Her Inner Problem is to come to terms with his death.
7. Approach Inmost cave (cross second threshold) - Catherine Martin is kidnapped by Buffalo Bill. Stake are raised, Crawford and Clarisse need to make a deal with Lecter--a room with a view in exchange for a profile of Buffalo Bill. Lecter accepts on condition that Clarice answers his questions (quid pro quo). She must allow Lecter to get into her mind. She accepts and tells of her father’s death.
Resurrection - Clarice give Lecter back his drawings and stands up to him, demanding the truth.
Lecter gives some information, but demands one more Ordeal - forces her to tell about her nightmare of the spring lambs an dhow saving Catherine would silence the screaming.
Clarisse presses Lecter to reveal Buffalo Bill’s name, but Chilton interrupts. Clarice breaks free, grabs case file from Lecter’s outstretched hands. His fingers linger on hers. THIS IS A VERY TENSE ORDEAL! - SHE TOUCHES DEATH AND HE SETS HER FREE.
11. Resurrection - FBI looks in wrong spot. Clarice stumbles upon actual home and sees the Death’s Head Moth, leading to Clarice’s resurrection sequence. Clarice pursues Buffalo Bill into house, discovers Catherine, finds skinning room, lights go out. Surrounded by darkness and death, clarice is unaware that Gumb pursues her with infrared goggles. He taunts her, points gun at her. Clarice hears the metallic click of gun, turns and shoots--Resurrection complete.