Careers in Public Health. A Passion for Health . Are you passionate about health? Do you have drive and vision to improve people’s lives? Are you a strategic leader? Are you a skilled communicator? Can you see the bigger picture?. Then consider a career in Public health and.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
A Passion for Health
Public health is concerned with the health of a population rather than individuals. It is about promoting well-being, not just dealing with illness, and looks at the impact on health of social, economic, political and environmental factors as well as individual behaviour.
Public health is ....“The science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health through the organised efforts of society.” Sir Donald Acheson
1. Surveillance and assessment of the population’s well-being
2. Assessing the evidence of effectiveness of interventions, programmes and services intended to improve the health or well-being of individuals or populations
3. Policy and strategy development and implementation
4. Strategic leadership and collaborative working for health
5. Health improvement
6. Health protection
7. Health and social service quality
8. Public health intelligence
9. Academic public health
If you require further information please speak
to one of the Consultants in Public Health or