Expenditure in Retirement or I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something J. Mason, US comedian. Judith A. Davey Institute of Policy Studies Victoria University. Purpose. How do currently retired people spend their incomes?
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Judith A. Davey
Institute of Policy Studies
1. Relatively affluent couple – home-owners, two cars
2. Low income couple – home-owners, one car
3. Low income couple – home-owners, no car
4. Single man – home-owner, relatively affluent
5. Single man – renter, low income
6. Single female – home-owner, relatively affluent
7. Single female – home-owner, low income
8. Single female – renter, low income
When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is - Oscar Wilde
Retirement: It's nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese- Gene Perret
There is nothing more demoralizing than a small but adequate income - Edmund Wilson
How are their experiences useful to younger people preparing for later life?
You can be young without money but you can't be old without it.-Tennessee Williams
The key to a happy retirement is to have enough money to live on, but not enough to worry about.- Unknown wise person