Area: Agricultural Mechanics Unit: Lab Safety Lesson: Identifying Shop Safety Colors and Protective Clothing. Objectives:Describe in writing 9 safety colors Describe in writing 3 focal colorsDesign proper protective clothing and devices. Why do we use safety colors?. . Why do we use safety colors?.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
1. Bell Work Accidents will happen to anyone, but being able to identify situations that cause accidents is very valuable.
Write two or three sentences about an accident in which you were personally involved.
What could you have done differently to prevent this accident?
3. Why do we use safety colors?
4. Why do we use safety colors? Alert people to danger or hazards
Help people to locate certain objects
Make the shop a pleasant place to work
Promote cleanliness and order
Help people to react quickly to emergencies
5. List the 9 Safety Colors Red
White and Black Stripes
6. What does RED signify? Danger
Identifies areas or items of danger or emergencies
Ex: Safety switches, firer equipment
7. What does orange signify? Warning
Designate machine hazard like edges and openings
Background for electrical switches, levers, and controls
8. What does yellow signify? Caution
Identify parts of machines such as wheels, levers, and knobs that control or adjust the machine
Other ex. Amber traffic light
9. What does blue signify? Informational
Made with white lettering and blue background
“OUT OF ORDER”
“DO NOT OPERATE”
10. What does green signify? Safety
Indicates the presence of safety equipment, safety areas, first aid, and medical practice
11. What does purple/white signify? Purple
Traditional color for radiation hazard
Since, 1986 Black and yellow striped pattern has been designated as the marking for radiation White
Mark work areas around an object in the shop
Marking off traffic areas
12. What is White & Black Strips/ Gray used for? White & Black Strips
Alternate strips or checkers= traffic markings Gray
Floors of work areas
Paint body areas of machines and tops of tables
13. What are the 9 Safety Colors?
14. What are the 9 Safety Colors? Red
Green 6. Purple
8. White and Black Stripes
15. What is Focal Color? List 3 Focal color is used to draw attention to large items such as machines, cabinets, and floors.
16. What is ivory used for? Used to highlight or improve visibility of certain items
Ex: Tool storage chest, table edges, and freestanding vises
17. What is vista green used for? Used to paint bodies of machines, cabinets, and stationary tools like vises
Pleasing color and contrasts with the safety colors
18. What is aluminum used for? Used on waste containers such as those used for scrap wood, scrap metal, and rags
19. What are the three focal colors?
20. What are the three focal colors? Ivory