E.U. CALL e.Learning : 12. Annex 3 -DETAILED PROJECT DESCRIPTION Business Labour University for electronic Society European Virtual University e. LEARNING INDUCATOR : “ R&D ” STRATEGY
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
E.U. CALL e.Learning : 12. Annex 3 -DETAILED PROJECT DESCRIPTIONBusiness Labour University for electronic SocietyEuropean Virtual University
e. LEARNING INDUCATOR : “R&D” STRATEGY
Conceptual innovation of the “Inducator e.learning community” B.L.U. e.S. strategy for promoting innovative entrepreneurship.
“Inducator” meaning is equivalent to “incubator for improving an e.learning interactive plan”, Therefore INDUCATOR STRATEGY is a new strategy for avoiding the failings of typical methods of distance learning. The innovation of "inducator research & development based system", consists in fact in programming an effective answered interaction inside of an "e.learning community", in order to develop on demand educational contents to prepare shared web-courses among University and Enterprises ( particularly SME’ s) . Therefore BLU.e.S virtual learning , will grow up an user centred strategy of e.learning courses design, in the context of each digital district in Europe, that will complement, rather than replace, traditional site-based learning. Following the” Bologna Declaration” goals about the inalienable democratic right of the citizen of Europe to have access to the University studies, the B.L.U. e.S. pilot project will develop an European strategy to the to overcome the common obstacles of skills shortage in the key area of Knowledge Economy Management , activating an collaborative European Virtual University enterprise to grow up an lifelong e.learning network, finalised to increase in value the essential process of change of “e.Europe” improving the knowledge management
BLU.e.S. lifelong e.Learning “on demand” model for career development is proposed by : LRE/EGO-CreaNET
University of Florence -ITALY - <[email protected]> ; < http://www.chim1.unifi.it/group/education > ; in co-operation by : PIN <http://www.pin.unifi.it> of the >University of Florence: < http://www.unifi.it >
THE BODY MAKING THE APPLICATION : Ce.SIT<http://www.cesit.unifi.it/>
Business Labour University DESCRIPTION
for electronic SocietyKEY ACTIONS :virtual models of education and training in new “e. learning” environments
- B.L.U.e.S OBJECTIVES :
The start of the III Millennium corresponds to a period of major social-economic
chance in Europe including high levels of intellectual unemployment.
- The development of new learning virtual communities, combining innovative
educational methods and digital resources with new social -economic contents
for improving professional requirements of the knowledge based economy, is a
crucial factor for upgrading human potential skills in the scenario of lifelong
“e. learning” in which learning and work are no more separate activities.
- The key actions of “B.L.U.e.S” pilot project are proposed to improve
knowledge management into virtual models of education and training, based on
the “e.University” European partnership with other social -economic actors ,
building up a permanent education interactive gateway, for improving
University and SME’s "Net. Learning”co-operation for a sustainable
“net-economy” growth, enhancing the “e.Europe” competitive position in the
The B.L.U.e.S. pilot project Proposal a key challenge in process-innovation of "Net. Learning”
for academic higher education, joining in an European Virtual University with the co-operation of
other socio-economic actors.
-Academic partnership will join in a European Virtual University networked organisation producing
new learning materials of Knowledge Management in the field of Net -Economy for specific user
groups coming from SME’s. , working in a way to develop a co-operative knowledge economy.
- Not academic partners will co-operate with the Virtual University to cover the following requirement :
e.learning on demand platforms, diffusing and implementing educational packages on line, contributing
to increase the accessibility of SME’s for improving a open and flexible e.learning strategy.
- The main project goal of B.L.U.e.S. is to connect University and SME's working in various
Digital Districts in Europe for improving Net-Economy in the context of <e.Europe> Programs .
-To fulfil this goal the BLU.e. S. Virtual University will be organised as well as an "on demand
e. learning system " that will work in internet and via video conferencing developing
some corporate functions for creating and distributing educational on line materials.
- In conclusion the BLU.e.S. <European Virtual University> will test and implement a process
innovation in applied research & development, finalised to create a new learning environment
bridging Universities and SME's aiming to develop collaborative knowledge management
educational materials , and utilising the more advanced <on demand e.learning> ITC methodology
B.L.U. e.S. PORTAL DESCRIPTION
e.Learning WEB Cycles
Major e.Business subject
R&D VIRTUAL LAB.
Research & Development
More focused Topics
Net Economy Career
B.L.U e.S.– EDITOR
Specific advanced issues
B.L.U e.S. – Front Office
B.L.U e.S.– PORTAL
e. Learning Community
Inducator R&D StrategyB.L.U. e.SEuropean Virtual University
(Concept – Guide - Schema)
LEGEND of B.L.U.e.S. organizational functions described in the previous figure.
Five basic elements of on demand e. learning incubator action are subdivided in the following funtions :
A + R&D ) set cognitive problem, B) set e.Learning material, C) set advisor and client , D ) set ITC interactive process.
A) Networked function is organised by the Academic group of partners for creating proposals for producing education
materials and to decide about the Credits and the professional Certifications of the Courses in Knowledge Management .
The BLU.e. S target for giving European Credits and Certificates is addressed in two parts:
1) the first addresses to give certifications of Kw.M. for the R&D in the field of <Knowledge Economy >
2) the second focuses educational learning and also informal learning in a corporate context , where students are coming
from the Direction of SME’ s for improving “Kw.M.” in the NET-economy cognitive sector for European development.
- (R&D) is the <Research and Development Laboratory> .
In this networked Laboratory, students of the BLU.e. S. , learn via an “ learning by doing approach”
in research & development ( i.e. students learn in tele-working R&D activities as well as info- brokers and content providers) ,
following the guidelines and instructions and tutoring actions coming from A)
B) Networked function is organised by partners that are devoted to print and put on line the education materials
produced by means the A + R&D activities.
C) is the function organised by partners that will be able to contact SME's, to prepare Conferences and Workshops
with Entrepreneurs , clients customerisation, developing the business model and marketing and commercial plan for the
BLU.e. S. Virtual University in a way that the “e.learning on demand “ pilot project can develop as an sustainable enterprise .
D) it is the PORTAL of the BLU.e. S. Cycles of e.training . The staff of the portal is organised as a technological
networked office with the duty to select and to refine educational materials in successive cycles of study,
for creating progressively better educational materials in a way that the BLU.e.S Virtual University can reply to the
effective demand of e . learning of SME’ s entrepreneurs , for improving net-economy development, enhancing
their competitiveness in the world-market.
R. & D. INDUCATORe. Learning Pilot Project
Knowledge Management e.Learning
B.L.U. e.S. – ORGANISATIONAL FRAMEWORK
A) Co-ordination of B.L.U.e.S. project - Coueses Planning Center Tasks :
- Knowledge Management partnership organisation ( Permanent Evaluation Committee)
- analysis evaluation and assessment of Knowledge Economy developmental issues
- “e. learning” consulting perspectives in terms of Return of Investments (ROI) results
- “e. learning” European scalable deployment
- ECTS-compatible credit s covering “e.professions” for e.learning management system
B) B.L.U. e.S. EDITOR - Tasks :
- Modelling and adjourning the B.L.U. e.S. Portal
- Teleconference Tools organisation
- e.learning “on demand” open platform : designing, adapting and testing
- editing e.learning course-ware units
- e.learning courses catalogue of net-economy
- publishing “On demand e.learning” magazine
C) B.L.U. e.S. Front Office - Tasks:
- central administration
- marketing perspective
- customer relationship management
- offering courses, programs and publicity. Help desk
- multi-languages translation
D) B.L.U. e.S e.learning Portal : three semestral cycles of e.learning Tech-Lab staff.
1°) introductory on-line courses on interactive Knowledge Economy
2°) on demand adjourned “Web-based”e.learning materials and tools
3°) specific and personalised issues on net- economy development areas
B. L.U.e.S. “e.Learning” Web-Courses CONTENTS the previous figure.Three Semestral Cycles : Innovative e.learning designing for NET-Economy consultant training system.Note :A number of the web-courses include a face-to-face introductory conferencies.
B. L.U.e.S. “e.Learning” Web-Courses the previous figure.Teleconference ToolsNote :A number of the web-courses include a face-to-face introductory conferencies.
NOTE: The Business Labour University for electronic Society (BLU.e.S ) corresponds to an networked effort to realise an interactive Virtual University among an network of R&D laboratories developed by the Universities and Enterprises for improving e.learning on demand. Therefore in the B.L.U.e.S strategy “e .learning” , knowledge management cannot be seen as contents to be transferred at distance. The pursued strategy, is studied in order to collaborate to the development of the SME' s in the of NET-cognitive environment. Therefore B.L.U.e.S. pilot project will grow up an integrated dynamic system for publishing on line courses aiming to avoid to give standardised programs of instruction as well as the traditional distant learning traditional education. Therefore the B.L.U.e.S. pilot project will utilise of an multi-channel access , where any to early standardised platform can fix the flexible requirements of the interaction among between University and SME’s in a wrong dimension. As a consequence of those aims and strategy forgiving a valid contribute to theEuropeanknowledge-based economy implementation, the B.L.U.e.S. pilot project will utilise of an interactive system of audio and video conferences in order to favour the most wide and flexible possibility of ITC utilisation , just to the aim to optimise contents of advanced “Knowledge Management” and of human resources rather than to favour the use of expensive technological platforms of of traditional e.learning standardised structures.
Phase 1 the previous figure.
Phase 3B.L.U. e.S. Courses Phases - Action Plan :Three semestral Programs
Names and e.mails information
Chairman of the B.L.U.e.S. Project : Paolo Manzelli <[email protected]>
Administrative director : Maria Cristina Riboli - <[email protected]>
- B.L.U.e.S - “FIRST SEMESTER ACTIVITIES” the previous figure.
- GOALS - e-Learning development process. and enterprise resource planning of e-Learning applications of BLU.eS Virtual University Network organisation of strategic infrastructure functions - Network aggreement on - e-Learning process/management overview and scenery/team development . Building the Business Caseand the RoI strategy.
- ACTION PLAN - Complete needs analysis of the B.L.U.e.S. e-Learning development process, organisation, and enterprise resource planning :
1) -–Organisation of the Scientific Committee for - R&D networking
“High Quality Information Broker Laboratory”; Knowledge Brokers network Infrastructure organisation need to a dynamic on going continuos implementation in a way that will be active in educational research in particular topics related to the e.commerce net-economy. The Knowledge Brokers Infrastructure enables the B.L.U.e.S. pilot project to access to external and internal knowledge sources. Therefore the Knowledge Broker team need to develop a permanent re-organization producing an active educational research information systems getting a permanent adjournment and content innovation for the B.L.U.e.S courseware editions.
2) – A - Co-ordination of B.L.U.e.S. project -
– General direction agreement – Organisation of the B.L.U. e.S co-operative Consortium and European expansion prevision during the prototype organisational procedure.
- Preparing a flexible strategy of “inducator” schemes for project management on education on demand finalised to Digital Districts requirements in the changing e.Space-Market- Description of an improved way for ongoing and lifelong e.Learning- Writing the Memorandum of Understanding of the network agreement.
3) - B- B.L.U.e.S. Editor : Project Planning & Feasibility Studies - Private property rights.
- Education-Cycles: e-courseware design / procedures and evaluation criteria . - On-line course design organisation in relation to the e-course objectives, the e-content, the e-policies previously defined by A and R&D co-ordination ; study of the evaluation criteria of the courses & instructor, and programming of the e-office editor hours and of course how to deal with e-problems, which will arise during the on-line B.L.U.e.S. editions- . Develop a plan illustrating the technological skills and understandings needs for each program.
4) – C- B.L.U.e.S Front Office
- Network team organisation of principal BLU.e.S. front office and back- offices organisation in each participating European Countries - Preliminary study of practical and viable solution to meet the demand for user’s educational needs in each European country environment .Search for B.L.U.e.S clients and preparatory definition of the time/organisation of the I° Cycle and asynchronous discussion systems by means a program of in presence conferences and user’s meetings.
- Courses Catalogue Program and in presence conferences calendar , organisation and diffusion.
- Running an Competent Help Desk and defining B.L.U.e.S e.learning administration- issues
5) – D- B.L.U.e.S – Portal
- Technological Committee organisation for e.learning platforms integration.
- Portal accessibility criteria and evaluation.
- Flexible structure definition and is mirror/translation in various European languages in co-operation with – C- Front Office.
- TIMELINE - June 2002
- B.L.U.e.S - “ SECOND SEMESTER ACTIVITIES” the previous figure.
- GOALS - Initiate and develop I° and II° Cycles of B.L.U.e.S pilot projects at synchronic and asynchronic levels .
- ACTION PLAN –
- Monitoring the e.learning network- management infrastructures; improving successful on demand e-Learning development strategy;
- Analysis of the conditions that must be made suitable for the further specialisation of the development of flexible, network-based educational program at all levels.
- II° Cycle courseware development and their inclusion in B.L.U.e.S. Portal and II° Cycle synchronic and asynchronous levels of experimentation and evaluation. - On line diffusion of results - Intermediate Report
- Involvement of Academic Units of University partners for certification criteria definition
- Prepare the second semester state report aiming to ensure the rapid implementation of EU Directives related to the knowledge society of e.Europe. - Certification Meeting of R&D researchers of the “ High Quality Information Broker Laboratory ” and of participating students to the B.L.U.e.S. prototype.
- Public International Seminar on the issue : “ON DEMAND e. Net-LEARNING” (First Semester)
- TIMELINE - JAN 2003 ( in consideration of Holidays in August 2002)
- B.L.U.e.S - the previous figure.“THIRD SEMESTER ACTIVITIES”
- GOALS - N.B. (Outside of the EU. Contribution )
- Closing the Prototype model/experience ; determine the costs and benefits B.L.U.e.S. future development , evaluation, and economic maintenance of on demand e. learning model. Intensive diffusion of B.L.U.e.S. innovation for reply to the project management requirements in the changing e.space-market, and new approaches for the user centered ,B.L.U.e.S strategies of courses design and exploitation., in respect to the e.University Certificate Programs
-ACTION PLAN –
- Extension of the framework of R&D “High Quality Information Broker Laboratory” infrastructure to establish “new inducator schemes” by means of Knowledge Brokers specialisation for some particular topic of on demand e.learning for particularly targets.- Commercialisation of the e.learning solution and products for new employee orientation
programs for specific job performance skills in the Digital Economy enterprises
- Considering new e-course objectives for other Specialised Cycles including the e-content, the e-policies and e-procedures, following the evaluation of the two previous experimental cycles of the B.L.U.e.S course & instructor, the organisation of the Front/back offices in building a e.learning virtual community, hours and of course how to deal with e-problems, which will arise during the on-line course.
- Dissemination of current innovative trends in the creation of the III Cycle on-line courses, that for instance will be developed with a focus in the area of knowledge management for women entrepreneurship start up in particular e.market-space field ,or in the field of e. learning for cultural tourism producing introductory educational packages on European languages and some virtual art museum trips for any particulate tour … and so on.
- Presentation and experimentation of III Cycle and organisation of specialised e.learning Vortals for the new courses approach. On line diffusion of results -
-MILESTONES –CONSORTIUM MEETING : Commercial and marketing plan reorganisation.
- Conclusions and launch for Future and e-Learning packages planning of B.L.U.e.S Virtual University.
- - TIMELINE - JUNE 2003
Glossary : http://www.learnframe.com/aboutelearning/glossary.aspAsynchronous Learning , i.e. Location Independent Learning
B.L.U.e.S. activities carried out during the Semester 2
- e.Learning Cycle I - launching phase by means on line and out off line training organisation.
- Major e.Business basic issues : “e.commerce Models” ;“ Supply Chain Management strategies” ; “Venture Capital Financing , start up, accelerators …” , “e.Commerce international laws : electronic signature, intellectual property …” ;“ E. payment transactions and security problems” .- Progress made debate and plans and staff development for on demand more focused topics of Cycle II training on line and out off line training organisation Intermediate Report diffusion.
Workshop/conference 2- c/oUniversity of Cartgena - Spain , on the issue :
“The dynamics of knowledge in the net-economy”.
Fourth trimester Fundamental issues:
- e.Learning Cycle II - launching phase by means on line and out off line training organisation.
B.L.U. e.S. qualified “e.professional” Certification in a specific areas andCredits will be compatible to the quality standards adopted by ECTS credits system
The project B.L.U. e.S. by means designing, developing, and delivering, the most effective online learning solutions
for the Knowledge Economy, promotes new professions through e.Learning synchronic and asynchrony activities
( the last located on the directions of the partners) that together will be directed to the overcoming of the skill shortage in the sector of the the knowledge management for the development of career opportunities in the net-economy global scenario .
The project B.L.U. e. S. acts within an interactive dimension of the “education on demand” and in such e.learning methodology it turns e-Learning solutions and resources specifically designed to provide a clear understanding of Knowledge Management for two typologies of target of users searching for career advancement opportunities to apply them to immediate use in the “ e. work-space” to A) young graduates; B) entrepreneurs , to which will correspond two types of credit's certification of e.Business skills development:
A) for post graduates level (Certifications will be given at the end of B.L.U. e.S. Pilot Project)
- Certificates in new specialist Graduate degree in the field of " Brain e.Workers”
(i.e. certification options of team on line co-workers for Network Management)
B) for entrepreneurs ( certificates will be given in each semester of B.L.U. e.S. activities) Certificates in Master degree in e.Business Specialist in relation to e.learning paths of the type :
“e. Entrepreneurs Leaders” ( i.e. Net-ware Knowledge Economy skills certification )
Business Labour University the previous figure.for electronic SocietyEuropean Virtual University
_ European added value: “e.learning inducator strategy” as a solution of intellectual unemployment in Europe
- European integration : new models of “inducator strategy” of e.learning on demand for European Virtual University Corporation
-Open an European space of “R&D based” e.learning on demand for the development of <knowledge society>
-Socio-economic impact : overcoming of knowledge management shortage for improving European SME ‘s in the net-ecomomy
- Deliverables : e.learning packages for career qualification for advancing net-working perspective of SME ‘s in the international competition , by means reinforcing the scientific & technological knowledge .
- Diffusion : final and intermediate reports and by international workshops seminar and congresses on key-milestones.
BLU.e.S. lifelong e.Learning “on demand” model for career development is proposed by :
LRE/EGO-CreaNET -University of Florence -ITALY –
< http://www.chim1.unifi.it/group/education > < http://www.edscuola.com/lre.html >
in co-operation by :PIN <http://www.pin.unifi.it>
THE BODY MAKING THE APPLICATION : Ce.SIT<http://www.cesit.unifi.it/>
- University of Florence : < http://www.unifi.it >
Contct Persons: Paolo Manzelli <[email protected]>
Maria Cristina Riboli <[email protected]
Antonio Giusti <[email protected]>
BUSINESS LABOUR UNIVERSITY for electronic Society
(acronym : B.L.U.e.S )
- BLU.e.S. pilot project of e. Learning on demand , is designed as
a tool for change improving entrepreneurial creativity , centered
around the need to growth opportunities for developing the European
- Following the above goal an “Inducator” strategy will be created
by the European Virtual University Consortium producing a lifelong
“e learning” incubator methodology for enhancing European SME’s
concurrency in the workd market .
- B.L.U.e.S. is an e.learning innovation process that may be viewed
as one R&D catalytic interface, that converts advanced cognitions
of the knowledge economy to the necessary knowledge management
education for implementing SME’s leadership abilities .
Abstract of B.L.U.e.S. BID: B the previous figure.rief Description of the Project
Objectives & Tasks :
- To develop an innovative “inducator” strategy for lifelong “ e.learning on demand” courses
- To produce.”e.Contents” for knowledge society management helping SMEs competition
- To advance the organisation of an R&D European Laboratory for innovation in e.learning
- To assess a sustainable new learning environment among University & SMEs
-To propose an optimise model for Virtual European University in the context of the Sorbone & Bologna declarations.
Action plan syntheses : Total Duration 12 Months (Feb.2002-Feb.2003)
The B.L.U.e.S pilot project is co-ordinated in 4 workpakages subdivided in 10 items:
First W.P. (3.months) : refining the common “e.content” repertoire and “e.learning” methodological and technological tools;
setting up the R&D networked Laboratory, assessing “system approach” co-organisation.
Second W.P. (3.months) : integrating the “Inducator” strategy for “on demand e. learning” among University & SMEs ,
experimenting First Cycle of e.learning course on “Digital Economy”
Third W.P. (3.months) : selection of “e.contents” for II° Cycle Courses catalogue, and successive e.learning testing ,and preparation
of the “e.contents” for III Cycle specialist issues of knowledge management SMEs in the knowledge society economic environment .
Fourth W.P. (3. months) : Evaluation phase : Certification & Credits for B.L.U.e.S. e.learning Courses , “Intellectual property” issues,
definition of business model, financial strategies and marketing choices of B.L.U.e.S European Virtual University sustainable development .
Deliverables: “e.learning” packages for career qualification for advancing net-working perspective of SME ‘s in the international competition ,
by means reinforcing the scientific & technological knowledge .
Three cycles of B.L.U.e.S. e.Learning “Catalogue” & CD-rom , e.Learning Portal .Four intermediate and final reports ;
+ one booklet on “guidelines for researchers”.
Key Milestones :
1° Conference/Workshop –> 04/06-April 2002 – c/o : University of Florence Italy
2° International Seminar –> 28/29 June 2002 - c/o : University of Nottingham U.K.
3° Conference/Workshop -> 10/12 October 2002 - c/o : University of Cartagena Spain
4° Final International Congress -> 29/31 January 2003 -c/o : University of Florence Italy
European added value expected results :
_ European added value: “e.learning inducator strategy” as contribution to overcame the skill shortage in new profession for European Knowledge Society
as a contribute for the solution of intellectual unemployment in Europe and improving European SME ‘s in the net-ecomomy
European integration : new models of “inducator strategy” of e.learning on demand creating an sustainable European Virtual University Corporation
and opening an European space of “R&D based e.learning on demand “ improving the <socio-economic knowledge society>
Dissemination : The of B.L.U.e.S model of European Virtual University and innovative findings on e.learning “inducator” of . “on demand e.learning”
strategy will be presented to the academics experts ,SMEs business people politicians and public, through “on line” dissemination and through two workshops
and international seminar and final congress.