Loading in 2 Seconds...
Loading in 2 Seconds...
C.D.N. CORREDOR DE DESENVOLVIMENTO DO NORTE S.A.R.L NACALA PORT PRESENTATION. VERSION 7.0 DATED 27.02.07. The Corredor de Desenvolvimento do Norte. The Corredor de Desenvolvimento do Norte comprehends: Nacala Port The railways system of Northern Mozambique
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
NACALA PORT PRESENTATION
VERSION 7.0 DATED 27.02.07
The Corredor de Desenvolvimento do Norte is currently served by a railway network that stretches for more than 2.000 km in Mozambican and Malawian territory
In the near future this system will be connected into Zambia, after completion of a 27 km stretch of railway line that will link the Nacala Port to Chipata, on the Zambian border.
The Corredor de Desenvolvimento do Norte Project represents a new concept in operations and management of infra-structures in Africa since it reunites one deep water port and the railway systems of two countries under a single and fully integrated private management and shareholding structure.
CDN (PN) Offices
Main Entrance Gate
General Cargo Terminal
THE GLOBAL COMPACT
Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights within their sphere of influence;
Make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
The elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
The effective abolition of child labour; and
Eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Business should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
CDN operates a rail network of 872 track kilometres, from Nacala to the border with Malawi, at EntreLagos, and a branch line from Cuamba to Lichinga.
Two services are provided:
- CDN has the ability to move containerised, bagged and bulk freight, including liquid bulk.
- A seamless service is provided for imports and exports to and from Malawi via the Port of Nacala. This is operated in unit trains of 1000 freight ton or 25 wagons of freight from a single customer or shared by more than one customer. The transit times to or from points in Malawi for these trains are on average 34 hours.
- Freight is also hauled to and from any of the stations on the CDN network.
- A regular passenger train service with 1st, 2nd and 3rd class coaches is operated between Nampula and Cuamba.
- The 1st class coaches are air conditioned and the train has a restaurant car that serves light meals and refreshments.
- The train is operated daily except Mondays.
The Malawi Railway System
The Malawi railway system consists of 797km of main line track. It extends from Mchinji in the northwest to the southern boarder of the country. From Nkaya, the railway extends eastwards to Nayuci, connecting to the northern railways network of Mozambique at Entrelagos.
CEAR has 8 Operational locomotives which will be increased by 6 in next 3 months.