Fad Diets and Eating Disorders CHAPTER 6, Lesson 2- Glencoe Health: A Guide to Wellness Jennifer Kim Nicole Plummer Jakeisha Robinson Lisa Schrodt Presentation DIET… What does it really mean? Probably one of the most hated words in the English language
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
CHAPTER 6, Lesson 2-
Glencoe Health: A Guide to Wellness
*cabbage soup diet
BEWARE! of any diet or product that:
1. Involves eating only one food
2. Claims that you can eat anything you want or as much as you want
3. Promises quick results
4. Supplies too few calories—below 1,400 calories a day—for energy and health
5. Requires a weight loss aid, such as a vitamin pill, a body wrap, liquid shake, appetite suppressant, or the purchase of merchandise
6. Promises spot reducing—weight loss occurs all over, not specific spots!
7. Does not teach a person how to
make lifestyle changes to achieve
permanent weight loss
30% below normal.
Remember our model?
5’8” and 110 pounds… How healthy is she?
“appearance” sports: dancing, gymnastics, track, wrestling, etc.
induced vomiting or purging
through abuse of laxatives
boyfriend, girl friend, etc.