Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
2. Location It was located in San Gabriel. There are two large cities near it. They are San Diego and Los Angeles.
3. Founding The fourth of the California missions, San Gabriel Arcángel, had three sites. The place proposed originally was inland from the ocean on the river now called Santa Ana.
4. Daily Life A daily life for the Indians was to wake up to a breakfast of mush. Next they would go to church.Then they would go to work in the fields,and herding cattle,and making mush.When they did something bad they would be whipped for a punishment.Then they would eat a dinner of a bowl of mush and a little beef.Next they would go to church.And then bed.
5. Interesting Facts . San Gabriel's church was closed to the public for a time because of relatively recent earthquake damage, but mission treasures are intact and the grounds remain open. Was one of the problems. They rebuilt San Gabriel.
Mission San Gabriel was started in 1771.
The missions were run by the Spanish. After an eleven year war with Mexico for California the Mexicans won and the Mexicans shut down the missions.
6. Bibliography We used our social studies book and used the book called Mission San Gabriel Arcángel. We also used Google http://www.missioninnmuseum.com/lessonPlans/cm_lp_4th.htm