Safe Forklift Operations. Dustin Flavell Sierra Foothill Research & Extension Center. Training Session Overview. Terminology Overview Safety Video Operating Rules for Industrial Trucks Load Capacity Requirements Pre-shift Inspection Unusual Features of Forklift Operation.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Sierra Foothill Research & Extension Center
5. Keep clear of forklift mast uprights and all other parts where shear and crushing hazards exist
6. Do not stand, pass or work under the elevated
portion of a forklift
7. Forklift must be check at least once before use each day
8. Forklifts with fuel system leaks may not be operated
9. Forklifts must maintain a safe speed & distance from other vehicles
10. Do not pass other lifts at dangerous locations
11. Drivers must slow down & sound horn at dangerous locations
24. One tire width minimum distance from the edge of any elevated dock or platform
31. If loads are lifted by two or more forklifts working in unison the load shall not exceed the combined rated lifting capacity of all trucks involved