Sharing Success. 21 st Century Programs March 14-24, 2011. 21 st CCLCs PLAN FOR THE DAY. SED updates New Common Core Standards and what they mean for after school programming Coordination and Communication Alignment with the School Day Questions and Answers. SED Updates.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
21st Century Programs
March 14-24, 2011
- one original, 2 copies
- budget year is 0187-12-xxxx
The 2010 State budget included $24.3 million for Extended School Day/School Violence Prevention programs
- funded for three years
- two one-year renewals possible
Current House Continuing Resolution may result in a $3 million cut to NYS.
2012 Federal budget increases and expands the use of 21st Century fundsState and Federal Budget
- States would compete for 21st Century funds
- 21st Century programs are just one option for increased learning time.
Programs designed with a focus on –
90% of programs currently have Advisory committees
Frequency of Meetings:
91% meet either monthly or quarterly
QSA is completed primarily by:
- One day of participation could be
20 minutes or 6 hours.
NYSED proposes calculating a unit of ‘program day’ whereby two hours of program intervention = one program day.
- 2 hours of program
per day x 30 days = 60 hours
- Council of Chief State School Officers
- National Governors Association (NGA)
- includes Pre-K standards and NYS additions (history/social studies, science, technical subjects)
- Voluntary for schools to use
- reading, writing, speaking and listening, language
- social studies
How is your program successful in meeting the challenge of coordinating, communicating and aligning with the school day?