Personality. Who You Are. What is Personality. Personality: A consistent set of behavioral characteristics that people display over time and across situations. Is it caused by traits or situations? 1) Traits: A relatively consistent characteristic exhibited in different situations.
Download Policy: Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use and may not be sold / licensed / shared on other websites without getting consent from its author.While downloading, if for some reason you are not able to download a presentation, the publisher may have deleted the file from their server.
Who You Are
1) Traits: A relatively consistent characteristic exhibited in different situations.
But….are traits always consistent?
2) Situationalism: Behavior is a function of
3) Interactionalism: Both traits and situations
affect thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
Factors of personality:
1) The Big Five (Costa & McCrae): Five “superfactors,” or general traits.
2) Hans Eysenck: Three Superfactors
*Combo. of big five agreeableness & conscientiousness; includes traits of social deviance & non-conformity.
Type, trait, habit response levels